Monday, March 9, 2009

Stage Kiss

Posted by Cliff Chamberlain.

I have to kiss a girl in this play.

A lot of my non-actor friends ask me if it’s weird.
Kissing a girl in a play.
You know, since I’m like, married and all.

And honestly, my answer is no.
It’s part of the job.
A sort of bizarre part of the job, but part of the job nonetheless.
If you have a cool scene partner, and you trust the director, which I do in both cases, then it’s all good.
Not weird at all.
It’s just acting.

However.
Per this whole kissing somebody in a play issue, I will say this:

Every time we run through the show I feel extremely bad for my scene partner, Caitlin.

Because even though it’s all acting, one cannot ignore these two simple facts:

I have a 4-month-old beard.
I’ve eaten a peanut butter and honey sandwich every day for the past 5 years.

That can’t be fun to kiss.
It can, on the other hand, be very, very weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment