Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm so crazy excited!

Posted by Tyla Ambercrumbie

There are several motivators behind my excitement, so I'll mention just a few. Bear with me. First and foremost, my mom can finally tell her friends, "My baby's on stage at the Goodman!" I was born and raised in Chicago, and I’ve been waiting and wishing for this opportunity for a long time. I've worked at many theaters, and my mom is always proud, but my family never fails to ask, "Baby, when are you going to do something at the Goodman?" because, of course, "It's so much easier then traveling out of town." You gotta' love ’em!

I introduced my nephew to the magic of A Christmas Carol in the old Goodman space (over on Columbus) when he was seven, and I told him, "Aunt's going to be on that stage one day." He's 17 now. Whew! And now I'm considered the cool aunt. What's better than having a 17-year-old think you're cool?

Okay, so two more reasons I’m excited about this production: Regina and Anna! What a cool couple of ladies to work with, for and around. They’re just so cool. I usually enjoy my work, but I have to say that I enjoy it even more when working with such great women. If we were family, Anna would be the cool middle sister who makes you think everything you do (even when it's wrong) is still totally great. Regina's like the slightly older sister who you think is going to be so serious about everything, but then she gives you insight and wisdom and makes you feel wiser and smarter. Then there's me—the actress—the baby sister who just trusts my sisters and does what I’m told because I know this production is going to be great!

The last thing I'll say, ’cause I can go on forever (I'm what you might call “a talker”) is that this cast is so beyond talented that I learn a little bit from everyone every single day. They are very generous and thoughtful people who make you laugh out loud over and over again. I have had a really great time working on Magnolia, and I’m looking forward to every moment to come.

Much love,
Tyla

1 comment:

  1. Its wonderful when we have "home grown" actors on the Goodman stage.. Congratulations on making it.

    ReplyDelete